Friday, February 6, 2009

Not Fade Away



I got Ruby on 2/6/2006. Jim was so excited - he could not wait to come over and meet her. One whole year with two of best friends I will ever have.

Jim put this on a mix CD for me - seems appropriate to post it here.

My God and My Dog by David E. Williams

He was so generous with his music - tuned me in to so much. Except for Fairport Convention - I just couldn't get into it and it became a little joke. Love, Changes, anything but Fairport Convention!

I went to try to type out what I said at the service, but I was a bit surprised to find that the notes I had written out so damn lightly in pencil are barely legible now. I guess it wasn't meant to be, but the words are still with me.

Love is real, not fade away. You were there, Patti and Bob, Boston 1995.

Miss you JE. -je

No comments: